Registering a Judgment in the Judgment Registry

Once you have your Court of Queen's Bench number you can register the judgment in the Judgment Registry at ISC.  If you do not register your judgment, you will have no legal process available to you to enforce the judgment. Neither can you share in any monies that Sheriff may collect from the judgment debtor on behalf of other registered judgment creditors. You must rely on the judgment debtor paying voluntarily.

Under The Land Titles Act, 2000, judgments must be registered in the Judgment Registry before they can affect land in Saskatchewan. For more information on judgments and how they can be enforced in Saskatchewan consult the website.

Registering your Judgment
There are two ways the judgment can be registered:
  1. Online. To register your judgment online you must have a permanent account and a primary/user client number. You must also request access to legal registrations. Go to the Sign-in page.
  2. By paper submission. To register your judgment by paper, go to Judgment Registry Forms.

Registering a Judgment against a Title or Interest
The judgment must first be registered in the Saskatchewan Personal Property Registry (SPPR) before the judgment can be registered against a title or interest. The priority of the judgment has no effect until it is registered against the title or interest.
There are two ways a judgment can be registered against a title or interest:

  1. Auto-attachment
    Auto-attachment of a judgment may occur when a new title is created or a new interest is registered against a title. If the name of the owner or the name of the interest holder exactly matches (is a character-for-character match) the name of the debtor or the respondent in the Judgment Registry, the judgment will automatically register against the title or interest.

    The system will attach a judgment if the name in the Judgment Registry matches the first two given names and the surname, or the corporation name, exactly.
  2. Requested Attachment
    You can search the Land Titles Registry to determine what titles or interests the debtor or the respondent holds. You can then apply to register the judgment against any title or interest held by the debtor or the respondent. This can be done even though there may not be an exact match between the name of the owner or the interest holder and the name of the debtor or the respondent.

    To register a judgment against a title or interest, you use the Application for Judgment Registration.