Judgment Registry

The legal process to enforce a money judgment involves the Court of Queen's Bench, the Office of the Sheriff and the Judgment Registry at ISC.

The first step to enforcing a judgment is to issue it in the Court of Queen's Bench. The Court hearing the case will render a judgment and make an order. A judge declares who wins the case and often contains reasons why the judge decided as he/she did.  Saskatchewan Law Courts has established steps and processes in delivering the appropriate papers to the Local Registrar.

Once you have your Court of Queen's Bench number you can register the judgment in the Judgment Registry at ISC.  If you do not register your judgment, you will have no legal process available to you to enforce the judgment. Neither can you share in any monies that Sheriff may collect from the judgment debtor on behalf of other registered judgment creditors. You must rely on the judgment debtor paying voluntarily.

Searching in the Judgment Registry - The Judgment Registry Search function allows you to search the Judgment Registry for judgments affecting goods and lands.

Registering a Judgment in the Judgment Registry - By registering the judgment in the SPPR you will have the ability to take advantage of auto and request attach feature of the Land Registry.  Once registered, you can amend and discharge the registration.

Discharge of Judgment - The creditor, sheriff or creditor’s designate can totally remove\discharge the judgment from the Judgment Registry and any associated titles or interest once the debt has been satisfied.